Are you interested in stepping into a challenging role that helps shape NCDOR into a national model for revenue agencies?
- A wide range of career training and development opportunities to meet your professional goals
- A stable career in public service with a balance of work and family life
- A Work Options Program with flexible alternatives to the standard five-day, 8–5 work week
- One of the most stable retirement systems in the Nation
- Medical insurance plans and voluntary dental, vision, and life insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation, sick and community service leave
- Family medical and family illness leave
- Promotional Priority
- Automatic enrollment in the WeSave Discount Program with more than 3,000 merchants
- Membership into the State Employees Credit Union
In addition to offering challenging opportunities for our employees, we also provide a variety of top-notch benefits. It’s not unusual for employees to have benefit packages worth 35-40% of their total compensation.
Here are highlights of the benefits that come with a career at NCDOR:
- Paid time off - Employees receive a minimum of 14 days of annual leave (vacation) and 12 days of sick leave, in addition to 11 paid holidays (12 if Christmas is on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday). Through community service leave, employees are allowed up to 24 hours annually to volunteer at schools, communities, citizen and nonprofit organizations, or those wishing to mentor or tutor a student may receive up to 36 hours per year.
- Healthcare - Our health insurance program is comparable to top private industry offerings and features optional polices for dental, vision, long-term care, worker’s compensation, and a wellness program.
- Disability - Employees are eligible for short-term disability after one year of state service and long-term disability after five years of service, both at no cost to employees.
- Retirement - Employees make automatic retirement contributions and are vested after 10 years of service. At retirement, the monthly pension is based on salary, age and years of service. Employees can retire early under certain conditions with reduced compensation. In addition, the state offers 457(b) and 401K plans.
- Work-Life Balance - Our employees enjoy flexible work schedules, offering a balance of work and family life. We also offer shared leave benefits, flexible work hours, family medical leave and family illness leave.
To see a complete listing of benefits for our employees, please visit: http://www.osp.state.nc.us/Reward/benefits/leave.htm
The North Carolina Department of Revenue does more than just administer and collect taxes. Our employees come from diverse backgrounds and locations, connecting people and places across North Carolina and the US.
We focus our efforts to create an environment that rewards achievement and promotes career growth and opportunities. Our employees stay with us because of the people, organization and benefits.
- NCDOR is committed to keeping our employees engaged by:
- Helping employees prepare for future NCDOR career opportunities.
- Offering a wide range of development opportunities for career success.
- Maintaining top-notch management and leadership.
- Respecting employees to leverage individual talents.
- Engaging employees through performance development and 360 degree communication.
- Exhibiting ethical practices.
- Continuously striving to be the Government Employer of Choice.