Sales and Use Tax Technical Bulletins
The Sales and Use Tax Technical Bulletins are published for the purpose of presenting the administrative interpretation and application of the North Carolina Sales and Use Tax Law. The bulletins supplement the information in the Administrative Rules but do not supersede the Administrative Rules. The bulletins also cover the following taxes: the Highway Use Tax, the Alternative Highway Use Tax on the lease or rental of motor vehicles, the Scrap Tire Disposal Tax, the White Goods Disposal Tax, the Dry-Cleaning Solvent Tax, the Manufacturing Fuel and Certain Machinery and Equipment Privilege Tax, the Solid Waste Disposal Tax, and the Additional ½% Mecklenburg County Sales and Use Tax for Public Transportation.
Revisions have been made to the Sales and Use Tax Technical Bulletins as listed below. Anyone using this publication should be alert for changes which may result from legislative action, court decisions, Attorney General Opinions, or from rules adopted or amended under the Administrative Procedures Act, Chapter 150B of the General Statutes. Additional information regarding changes that have occurred since July 1, 2008 can be found on the Sales and Use Tax Information page.
Note: 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009 Legislative Changes have NOT been incorporated into the Sales and Use Technical Bulletins.
- 2011 Legislative Changes to Sales and Use Tax
- 2010 Legislative Changes to Sales and Use Tax
- 2009 Legislative Changes to Sales and Use Tax
- July 31, 2012 Important Notice
- July 12, 2012 Important Notice
- October 21, 2011 Important Notice
- October 11, 2010 Important Notice
- November 15, 2009 Important Notice
- June 1, 2009 Important Notice
- January 15, 2009 Important Notice
- December 1, 2008 Important Notice
- August 1, 2008 Important Notice
- May 15, 2008 Important Notice
- May 1, 2008 Important Notice
- April 1, 2008 Important Notice
- Table of Contents (Excludes 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 legislative changes)
- Alphabetical Index (Excludes 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 legislative changes)