Extended Hours for Phone Assistance During Tax Season
Date: January 10, 2013
In an effort to assist more taxpayers during the upcoming tax season, the North Carolina Department of Revenue will operate extended phone hours now through April 30. The deadline for filing 2012 individual income tax returns is April 15, 2013.
Live phone assistance will be available for certain topics from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. Those areas with extended service include phone lines for:
- Individual income, attachment and garnishment issues at 1-877-252-3252 or 1-877-252-5152
- Employer garnishment questions at 1-888-352-0116
- Options to speak to an agent in the individual income tax menu at 1-877-252-3052
- Taxpayers who callback after receiving a message from NCDOR's automated dialing system at 1-877-252-4962
- Options for obtaining Spanish language assistance through 1-877-252-3252 or 1-877-252-3052
All others lines for live telephone assistance will remain open between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
Visit the NCDOR website for a complete list of contact information and numbers.
Public Affairs Office
P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0001
An Equal Opportunity Employer