Iredell County Resident Pleads Guilty to State Tax Charges
An Iredell County resident pleaded guilty Wednesday to charges filed by the North Carolina Department of Revenue.
Ruth N. Childers of 109 Cabarrus Ave., Mooresville, pleaded guilty on June 8, 2005 to two counts of failure to pay the state individual income tax.
Judge Mary Covington issued Childers 30-day suspended sentence. Childers was placed on supervised probation for five years and ordered to pay $15,446.32 in restitution.
The charges against Childers are the result of efforts by the Department’s Hickory Collections Office.
P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0001
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help