Catawba County Man Guilty of State Tax Charges
Date: April 28, 2008
A Catawba County resident pleaded guilty Friday to charges filed by the North Carolina Department of Revenue.
Alan E. Borders of 1314 Shirebourn, Hickory pleaded guilty on April 25, 2008 to failure to pay the state individual income tax.
District Court Judge Thomas Edwards issued Borders a 45-day suspended sentence and placed him on supervised probation for 18 months. Borders must also pay $37,206.39 in restitution.
The charges against Borders are the result of efforts by the Department’s Hickory Collections Office.
P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0001
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help