Wake County Man Guilty of State Tax Charges
Date: January 11, 2008
RALEIGH – A Raleigh resident pleaded guilty Thursday in Wake County District Court to charges filed by the North Carolina Department of Revenue.
George Grothe of 1424 Old Seminole Road, Raleigh pleaded guilty on Jan. 10, 2008 to failure to file and pay the state individual income tax. He received a 45-day suspended sentence and was placed on probation for 60 months. He was ordered to pay $28,976.65 in restitution.
The charges against Grothe are the result of efforts by the Department’s Raleigh Collections Office.
P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0001
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help