Pitt County Resident Guilty of State Tax Charges
Date: February 16, 2010
RALEIGH – A Pitt resident pleaded guilty Feb. 8 in Pitt County District Court to 2 counts of failure to pay the state’s individual income tax.
Russell G. Grooms, of 6199 Leary Mills Rd., Grimesland, was sentenced to 45 days. The jail time was suspended to 24 months supervised probation. He was ordered to pay court costs and restitution of $137,249.44 within the probationary period.
The charges against Grooms are the result of efforts by the N.C. Department of Revenue collections office in Greenville.
P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0001
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help