NC DOR Offers New Options for Filing and Paying Corporate Taxes
RALEIGH – Paying state corporate estimated income taxes just got a little easier thanks to a new service offered by the North Carolina Department of Revenue. Taxpayers who file corporate estimated income taxes can now pay online through the Department’s website at www.dornc.com.
By filing their corporate estimated income taxes online taxpayers get faster service. Other benefits of filing and paying electronically include:
- Convenience – The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Simplicity – For most tax types, the online screens are designed to look like the returns.
- Accuracy – Some of the online forms calculate the tax.
- Safety – The Department uses an encryption code to make sure information is safe.
Taxpayers can pay corporate estimated income taxes by credit or debit card (MasterCard or Visa) or by bank draft. They receive an acknowledgement from the Department so they know their payments have been received. Corporations that expect to owe at least $500 in taxes must file and pay an estimated tax. The estimated tax is the amount of income tax the corporation expects to owe after subtracting any tax credits.
Paying corporate estimated income taxes online is just one of many electronic services the Department now offers. Other transactions taxpayers can perform online include filing and paying the D-400 individual income payment voucher; the D-400V amended individual income payment voucher; the NC-40 individual estimated income tax; the D-410 application for extension for filing individual income; as well as the E-500, E-543 and E-536 sales and use; and NC-5 and NC-5P withholding taxes.
To get more details about electronic services visit the Department’s website at www.dornc.com/electronic/index.html.
(Taxpayers who need assistance with the Department’s electronic services can call 1-877-308-9103 (toll free) or (919) 733-4645 Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.)
P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0001
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help