Lincoln County Resident Guilty of State Tax Charges
Date: October 31, 2007
A Lincoln County man pleaded guilty Tuesday to charges filed by the North Carolina Department of Revenue.
James E. Brewer of 6188 Perth Trail, Denver pleaded guilty on Oct. 30, 2007 to one count of failure to file and pay the state individual income tax. Judge K. D. Black issued Brewer a 45-day suspended sentence and placed him on supervised probation for 36 months. Brewer must also pay $10,888.31 in restitution.
The charges against Brewer are the result of efforts by the Department’s Hickory Collections Office.
P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0001
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help