Union County Resident Guilty of State Tax Charges
Date: July 23, 2008
A Union County man pleaded guilty recently to charges filed by the North Carolina Department of Revenue.
Douglas F. Smith of 6693 Stoney Ridge Road, Matthews pleaded guilty on July 18, 2008 to failure to file and pay the state individual income tax.
Smith received a 30 day suspended sentence and was placed on five years supervised probation. He must also pay $83,670.96 in restitution and court costs.
The charges against Smith are the result of efforts by the Department’s Charlotte Collections Office.
P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0001
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help