Lenoir County Business Owner Guilty of State Tax Charges
Date: August 7, 2009
Raleigh - A Lenoir county woman was found guilty on April 20 in Lenoir County District Court of failure to file and pay the state sales and use tax.
Emilie Bailey of 627 Woodington Road, Kinston, the owner of Emilie’s Bar, was sentenced to 45 days. The jail time was suspended to 36 months supervised probation. She was ordered to file sales and use returns within 30 days and pay all court costs and restitution to the state as determined once returns are filed.
The charges against Bailey are the result of efforts by the N.C. Department of Revenue collections office in Greenville.
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help