Cleveland County Resident Guilty of State Tax Charges
Date: August 7, 2009
Raleigh - A Cleveland county resident was found guilty on June 29 in Cleveland County District Court of failure to file and pay state income tax.
Richard L. Butler of 234 Lily Street, Shelby, was sentenced to 45 days. The jail time was suspended to 18 months supervised probation. He was ordered to pay court costs and attorney fees and restitution of $3469.20. His probation can go to unsupervised when restitution is paid.
The charges against Butler are the result of efforts by the N.C. Department of Revenue collections office in Hickory.
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help