Wake County Resident Guilty of State Tax Charges
Date: August 10, 2009
Raleigh - A Wake county resident pleaded guilty on July 9 in Wake County District Court to failure to file and pay the state individual income tax.
Thomas L. Mauney of 513 Banks Street, Raleigh, was sentenced to 45 days. The jail time was suspended to 48 months supervised probation. He was ordered to pay restitution of $37,631.75. The probation can be moved to unsupervised when all restitution is paid. Mauney was also ordered to file missing returns for 2007-2008.
The charges against Mauney are the result of efforts by the N.C. Department of Revenue collections office in Raleigh.
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help