IRTF and IRMF Non-Filer Combined
If you received this Notice of Individual Income Tax Assessment, then you failed to file:
- Your NC individual income tax return, or
- Both your Federal and NC individual income tax returns.
What should I do now?
If you agree with the assessment, pay the total amount due. Payment options and instructions can be found on the previous page.
If you do not agree with the notice:
- Request that the department review the assessment as the first step in your appeals process. Your request for review must be received within 45 days of the date of the notice.
Action is required within 45 days of the date of the notice. This information is also found on your notice.
- Taxpayer Self-Help
- Tax Information
- 2014 Individual Income Tax Law Changes
- 2015 Income Tax Estimator
- Understanding Your Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Armed Forces
- Resolving Disputes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Property Auctions
- Reports and Statistics
- Tax Seminars
- Identity Theft