IRTF and IRMF Non-Filer Combined
If you received this Notice of Individual Income Tax Assessment, then you failed to file:
- Your NC individual income tax return, or
- Both your Federal and NC individual income tax returns.
What should I do now?
If you agree with the assessment, pay the total amount due. Payment options and instructions can be found on the previous page.
If you do not agree with the notice:
- Request that the department review the assessment as the first step in your appeals process. Your request for review must be received within 45 days of the date of the notice.
Action is required within 45 days of the date of the notice. This information is also found on your notice.
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help