How to Get Forms
With the continued growth in electronic filing and to help reduce cost, the North Carolina Department of Revenue will no longer mail paper tax forms and instruction booklets with preprinted labels to individuals. If you still wish to use a paper form, the Department has several options available to help you obtain paper copies of individual income tax forms and instructions:
- To download forms from this website, go to NC Individual Income Tax Forms.
- To order forms, call 1-877-252-3052. Touch tone callers may order forms 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You may also obtain forms from a service center or from our Order Forms page.
If you use computer software to prepare your income tax return, go to http://www.dornc.com/forms/approved/approved.html to determine if the software being used has been approved by the Revenue Department. For an updated list of unapproved software developers, go to www.dornc.com/forms/alert.html. Computer-generated forms that cannot be processed in the same manner as the Department's forms will be returned to you with instructions to refile on an acceptable form.
- Taxpayer Self-Help
- Tax Information
- 2014 Individual Income Tax Law Changes
- 2015 Income Tax Estimator
- Understanding Your Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Armed Forces
- Resolving Disputes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Property Auctions
- Reports and Statistics
- Tax Seminars
- Identity Theft