How to Get Forms
With the continued growth in electronic filing and to help reduce cost, the North Carolina Department of Revenue will no longer mail paper tax forms and instruction booklets with preprinted labels to individuals. If you still wish to use a paper form, the Department has several options available to help you obtain paper copies of individual income tax forms and instructions:
- To download forms from this website, go to NC Individual Income Tax Forms.
- To order forms, call 1-877-252-3052. Touch tone callers may order forms 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You may also obtain forms from a service center or from our Order Forms page.
If you use computer software to prepare your income tax return, go to http://www.dornc.com/forms/approved/approved.html to determine if the software being used has been approved by the Revenue Department. For an updated list of unapproved software developers, go to www.dornc.com/forms/alert.html. Computer-generated forms that cannot be processed in the same manner as the Department's forms will be returned to you with instructions to refile on an acceptable form.
- File and Pay Taxes
- Find Tax FAQs
- Find Tax Information
- Pay a Bill or Notice
- Request an Installment Agreement
- Understand My Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Reports and Statistics
- Resolving Disputes
- Identity Theft
- Individual Income Tax Estimator
- Individual Income Tax Rates
- Sales and Use Taxes for Real Property Transactions and Services
- Sales and Use Tax Rates
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Taxpayer Self-Help