Selected Taxpayers to Receive New Tax Account Numbers
The North Carolina Department of Revenue recently upgraded its tax processing system. As part of the transition to the new system, approximately 5,000 taxpayers in certain tax types will receive new NCDOR identification numbers to use when filing and paying their taxes.
Affected taxpayers will receive their new account numbers in letters to be mailed during March, April and May. Taxpayers should begin using the newly issued account numbers within 60 days of receiving the letter.
Tax types that will receive new numbers at this time are:
|Bank Privilege||Wine Distributor|
|Installment Paper Dealer||Wine Shipper|
|Newsprint Publication Privilege||Cigarette Distributor *|
|Real Estate Conveyance||Cigarette Manufacturer *|
|Amusement and Motion Picture||Other Tobacco Products *|
|Alcohol Beer Distributor||Other Tobacco Products Manufacturer *|
|Beer Shipment||Tobacco Internet *|
|Spirituous Liquor||Tobacco Refund *|
* Mailings to these taxpayers will include new tobacco tax licenses. The new NCDOR ID numbers will be on those licenses.
Please review the following information about the mailings:
- Taxpayers who have accounts in more than one of these tax schedules will receive a separate letter for each tax type. That means they may receive multiple letters over several weeks or months.
- Taxpayers who have multiple accounts in the same tax schedule will receive a separate letter for each account. That means they may receive multiple letters over several weeks or months.
- Many taxpayers who receive these letters also have accounts in tax types that will not receive new account numbers at this time. Taxpayers should only use the new account numbers in place of the old account numbers listed on their letters.
- Taxpayers are asked to begin using their new NCDOR ID numbers within 60 days of receiving their letters.
If you are a taxpayer in one of these tax schedules and have more questions about your new account number, please call the appropriate number below between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday-Friday:
|Tax Schedule||Phone Number|
Installment Paper Dealer
Newsprint Publication Privilege
Real Estate Conveyance
(when the automated system answers, press 2, then listen for the number that corresponds to your tax type)
|Amusement and Motion Picture||919-733-3641|
|Cigarette Distributor Cigarette Manufacturer Other Tobacco Products Other Tobacco Products Manufacturer
- Taxpayer Self-Help
- Tax Information
- 2014 Individual Income Tax Law Changes
- 2015 Income Tax Estimator
- Understanding Your Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Armed Forces
- Resolving Disputes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Property Auctions
- Reports and Statistics
- Tax Seminars
- Identity Theft