Sales Tax Boundary Databases
Pursuant to the requirement of Section 305 of the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement, the databases at the following links specify the boundaries for all taxing jurisdictions in North Carolina using the Federal Information Processing Standards codes, with extensions for special taxing jurisdictions as of the dates indicated for each database.
- Boundary Database Q12015 effective January 1, 2015
- Boundary Database Q42014 effective October 1, 2014
- Boundary Database Q32014 effective July 1, 2014.
- Boundary Database Q22014 effective April 1, 2014.
The Rate and Boundary Database Information document explains how the databases work and provides a layout of the tables. Database users should join E-Alerts, our tax updates mailing list, to be notified when new sales tax databases are added to the website.
- Taxpayer Self-Help
- Tax Information
- 2014 Individual Income Tax Law Changes
- Income Tax Estimator
- Understanding Your Notice
- Collections – Past Due Taxes
- Taxpayer Advocate
- Armed Forces
- Resolving Disputes
- Periodic Review of Existing Rules
- Property Auctions
- Reports and Statistics
- Tax Seminars
- Identity Theft