NCGS 105-164.28A authorizes the Secretary of Revenue to issue an exemption number to a farmer that is not "engaged in business" and required to register for sales and use tax purposes. This exemption number can then be placed on Form E-595E, Streamlined Sales Tax Agreement Certificate of Exemption, by a qualifying farmer to purchase qualifying tangible personal property exempt from sales or use tax. See Sales and Use Tax Technical Bulletin Section 52 for more information about exemptions. See Sales and Use Tax Technical Bulletins Sections 8, 9, 10 for farm related information.

E-595EA, Application for Exemption Number for Qualified Purchases


Search the Exemption Registry